Off time!

The days are becoming shorter, the colors of nature are changing and the craving for a nice mug of hot chocolate grows. Autumn arrived and I'm glad it finally did. I can't stand the hot weather any longer ;)


Last week I've finished my last exam for this semester and I'm going to enjoy this week without learning or being the whole day in the laboratory until the new semester begins. I will use this time to clean up our apartment, meeting with friends and spending a lot of time with a good book on our couch. Also I hope I'm going to spend more time in the kitchen and try new recipes - the cafeteria food comes out of my ears, why do they deep-fry everything? heeelloooo health *knock knock* can you heeaaaar me? ;)

Pumpkin soup with coconut milk(serves 2 persones)

1/2 hokaido squash, the flesh diced
3-4 middlesized potatoes, peeled and diced
1 onion, chopped
1 glove of garlic, minced
1 thumbsized piece of ginger, chopped
1 chili, chopped
~ 1L broth
~ 150mL coconut milk
salt & pepper
Favourite herbs & spices: parslay, coriander, garam marsala, ras el hanout

In a large pot heat a gulp of olive oil on medium heat and throw the squash, potatoes, onions, ginger, chili and garlic in and cook for some minutes occasionally stirring. Then add the broth, put the lid on and cook under a gentle boil for about 30 minutes. If the squash and the potatoes fell easily of a fork they are done. Now take your hand-held blender or food processor and free your agressions and mix until the soup is smooth. Return the pot to heat and add the coconut milk and season with salt and pepper until it tastes right to you. I like to add parsley, garam marsala and ras el hanout and I think coriander is a winner too.



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment