Buon Ricardo, Sydney



Kind of Food: Italian
Price: 35 AUD starter, 45-55 AUD mains, six course degustations menu 125 AUD per person
Points on the NOM-scale: **** (1/2*)

As a highlight, we visited Buon Ricardo on our last evening in Sydney. Since I've red about it over at The Chubby Hubby I wanted to go to this restaurant. Buon Ricardo is an italian restaurant located in Sydney's suburb Paddington, where head chef and owner Armando Percuoco serves traditional high end italien food. Armando Percuoco, grown up in Naples, came to Australia in 1972 and opened Buon Ricardo in 1987. Buon Ricardo is highly awarded and recognized by almost every australian gourmet magazin. The restaurant, known as one of the best restaurants in Sydney, lays rather hidden and inconspicuous in an old rustical looking neighborhood. The welcome was very kind and we were seated at our table for two. The interior looked charming with an old school italien touch. At the other end of the restaurant, not far away from our table as the dining area is small but not narrowing, was a big crowd of italien people talking and loughing. Through an, in the dining area integrated, window you can catch a glimpse right into the small but very efficient looking kitchen.


Soon as we were seated the waitress brought us the menus and told us the today's specials. As primi piatti (the starter) I ordered the signature dish of the restaurant, the Fettuccine al tartufovo - Fettuccine with cream and parmesan, topped with a fried truffle egg. I've red before that this dish is an culinary experience and even mind blowing. As second piatti I ordered pesce (fish) with eggplant mousse, shamefully I can't remember the name and the menu changed since we visited Buon Ricardo. After the waitress wrote down our orders the sommerlier arrived and - already knowing what we've ordered - suggested a nice italian white wine accompanying our first course. Since this was the first time visiting such a classy restaurant, I was surprised as the waitress unfolded a cloth napkin and laid it on my lap. I was feeling like a little princess ;). Soon after an amuse gueule our primi piatti arrived and what can I say. The Fettuccine al tartufovo... the smell.. oh my gosh... mind blowing - for real!


The waitress placed the plate in front of me and worked with a fork and a knive her way through the fried egg on top - the egg yolk slowly oozing over the pasta and while tossing  transforming it into a creamy truffel-infused sauce. Now the parmesan freshly grated on top, tossed on more time. I couldn't even resist to tell her that the pasta smells devine. Oh my, if I had known it before I would have ordered this dish as primi, secondi piatti and dessert! It was really that good.

The secondi piatti arrived, this time accompanied with an australian white wine. Australian wine is good! The fish was perfectly done and the eggplant mousse was delicious. What should I say,
since this moment I'm an eggplant lover ;) Very satisfied I  ordered as not being the biggest dessert fan a hot chocolate instead. They brought a cup of fine dark hot chocolate, which I ate with a spoon.
The second surprise was the sweet italian treats in fingerfood size, accompanying our non-dessert choice (for free!).

This visit was really a appropriate finish of our vaccation and I highly recommend a visit in Buon Ricardo if you're in Sydney. It was actually the best italian food I've ever eaten. The price range begins with 30-35 AUD for starters up to 55 AUD for the main course. We reservated one day in advance with a confirmation cal madel by Buon Ricardo on the reservated date.

Ristorante Buon Ricordo

108 Boundary St,
Paddington Sydney
(02) 9360 6729

Friday & Saturday: noon - 2.30pm
Tuesday to Saturday: 6.00 - 10.30 pm

Reservations are highly recommended

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment