Hey there!

Heeeello! :) I know its been a long time since my last blogpost and I really hope this time is over. It happened very much in my life lately: I passed my diploma exams (the reason I didn't find the time blogging) and started with my diploma thesis. Back at the laboratory - yay! :)

This broccoli salad is very tasty and don't taste like the normal cooked broccoli I know... even Stephan liked it - and he is by all means no broccoli lover. It looks like much olive oil in the recipe, but the resulting salad is very light with a lovely garlic taste and a little heat. So make this salad and be happy ;)


Chargrilled Broccoli Salad with Garlic and Chilli
serves 2 as main and 4 as starter - adapted from the Ottolenghi cookbook

2 heads of broccoli ~ approx 500g
100ml olive oil
4 garlic gloves, thinly sliced
2 mild red chillis, thinly sliced
coarse sea salt
black pepper

Breakup the broccoli heads into florets and blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes. Keep a bowl of icewater ready. After 2 minutes (and no longer!) drain the florets and transfer immediately into the bowl of icewater to stop the cooking process. Drain again and let it dry completely. Once dry, toss the broccoli with 40ml of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Heat up a large griddle pan to high heat and grill the broccoli in small batches - it should have grill marks all over. In the meantime, heat the remaining olive oil with the garlic and chilli in a small pot on medium heat and cook until the garlic takes on a hint of golden color (be careful, the garlic will cook further even when off heat - burned garlic, meh!). Pour the falvored oil over the broccoli and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Enjoy warm or at room temperature. I prepared it in the evening and ate it at lunchtime the following day - still very yum :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment